SWARM'S RETURN TO PLAY - POST COVID-19 CLOSURE
As you have heard, the federal, state and local municipal governments are, in various stages, relaxing restrictions on sports venues and gyms as well as organized youth activities. The Governor's office has confirmed that sports venues/facilities can begin modified activities in phase one which is to start on May 1. The Hive will open on Monday, May 4th for private and small group training only (must be reserved in advance, no walk-ins). This is contingent upon: 1) continued decline in new cases and 2) facilities practicing social distancing and proper sanitization, AND 3). Any additional restrictions or delays mandated by OKC and/or Edmond Mayor's offices.
- Practice Resumption - All that said and assuming nothing is published to the contrary, we tentatively plan on opening for modified practices on Monday, May 11th.
- Swarm Season - It appears that basketball tournaments/leagues will continue into August and possibly September. At present, it does not appear that our teams will play until the weekend of May 30th. As discussed in earlier e-mails, we will make adjustments to fees at a later date based on the revised schedules.
- Social Distancing and Sanitization Measures - We will adhere to the CDC’s sanitization guidelines. In addition, the following policies will be implemented on May 4th and relaxed as the governing bodies allow.
- Practice will initially be drills and run throughs of offenses/defenses only.
- There will be NO scrimmaging or body on body contact until May 15th.
- Monday night large-group skills will not be held until further notice.
- Only players will be allowed in the gym. Parents can watch practices on Livebarn until May 15th.
- No outside balls will be allowed in the HIVE. The balls used by the HIVE will be sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Sanitization Stations (for hands/basketballs) will be on each court.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized on a set schedule.
- The water fountains will be turned off.
- Concessions will only sell drinks, candy and prepackaged items (no hot dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets. etc.)
2020 OK SWARM CLUB TEAM EVALUATIONS
The Oklahoma Swarm has teams at several levels. For both Elite and Academy teams, players are placed on teams according to their skill level. These teams are gender-specific for each grade level.
Our Elite/Bluestar teams play both locally and travel throughout the region (and country depending on age/skill). Elite teams start at the 6th grade level and practice twice a week for at least an hour.
Academy teams play in local tournament and leagues and usually travel to at least two out of town tournaments during the summer season
Player evaluations for competitive teams will be held in October/November and January.
Elementary season runs from December-March and March-August. Middle School/High School seasons run from February (post-school ball season) to August. Please visit our FAQ tab for additional information about our club.
Our initial tryouts have passed. However, we are placing players on several teams and will form additional teams in March.
2019 HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SHOWCASE TOUR
SEVEN SWARM PLAYERS MAKE 2018 ALL STATE TEAM!!
2019 Commitments-So Far..
2018 College Signings